Eva M. Kogut Discusses Mediation Best Practices with Family Law Professionals
Kogut & Wilson’s Eva M. Kogut recently shared insights with other family law professionals on mediation best practices.
Eva’s discussion focused on preparing clients for the mediation process including:
- Discussing what is and what is not mediation, goals and if the process should be attorney assisted
- Making a list of gross and net assets and liabilities
- Gathering financial information
- Discussing different types of parenting schedules, child support, health insurance, maintenance and division of property
- Explaining Memorandums
- Assisting client in outlining their priorities
- Focusing on the future
Other panel participants discussed attorney preparation, business tips for mediators, zoom tips and tricks and mindful safety considerations.
If you are interested in participating in a similar training, please contact Eva or any one of the other Kogut & Wilson attorneys.
Eva is an award-winning family law attorney and trained mediator dedicated to achieving the best possible results for her clients by addressing the client’s unique family challenges and providing education on the different approaches available. Focusing on all aspects of family law, she provides clients with counsel they can trust when undergoing the processes of divorce, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, property division and child support matters.